April is World Autism Awareness Month so we wanted to share a quick reminder to please think of Wellthy for loved ones caring for a child with autism. Wellthy helps give parents time back to focus on their family, their jobs, and their lives, while still being involved in their child's care every step of the way. Below are a few examples and ways we can help families with autistic children.
Some Wellthy family examples:
- Assisting parents caring for their non-verbal 3 year old.
- Helping parents solidify benefits for their autistic daughter so that she can live independently when she turns 18.
- Working with parents caring for their 11 year old who is exhibiting behaviors that interfere with his ability to learn and function independently.
How Wellthy can help:
Research Therapy Options
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
- Alternative therapy research (ie music and art therapeutic services)
- Community recreation and camps
- Support groups for family members
Aid in Independence Transitioning
- Research services available for independent living for adults with disabilities, focusing on housing, employment and social skills
- Supplemental Security Income
Assist with Financial Services
- Understand state resources such as grants, fellowships and waiver programs
- Handle billing and claims concerns
- Transition to new insurance coverage
Provide In-Home Support
- Create a safe environment
- Organize and centralize medical records and doctor visit notes
- Find and vet new providers to ensure the right fit