Did you know that 66% of caregivers are women, i.e. mothers caring for children, daughters caring for parents? Therefore, in recognition of Mother’s Day, we want to salute and recognize moms and daughters.
Some examples of how Wellthy supports moms
Mother Caring for Daughter
- Story: A mother is caring for her daughter who was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder. The child's parents have been overwhelmed with navigating therapy, insurance coverage, state resources, and school options. Their Wellthy Care Coordinator is helping the family by verifying insurance coverage for various therapies (physical, occupational, speech), arranging in-home support services, vetting support groups and school programs, maintaining a shared calendar to provide ongoing support for appointment management, and providing updates on conferences and clinical studies to continuously educate the family and increase their awareness.
- Quote: “Cristina (Care Coordinator) has been great and so helpful!! This has been life changing for us as we navigate a new life after our daughter was diagnosed.”
Daughter Caring for Mother
- Story: A daughter is caring for her aging mother. She has been working with a Care Coordinator for 4 months and we have completed multiple tasks including: evaluating insurance plans, contesting insurance claims, assisting with billing appeal processes, researching and vetting medical providers, digitizing and organizing medical records, managing appointments, and more!
- Quote: "Thank you to you and your team for all of the hard work that has been put into this. I am so very appreciative. My mom and I agree that the best course is one you described."
Grandson, gifting Wellthy to his Mom Caring for his Grandmother
- Story: A grandmother has multiple chronic conditions, including Pulmonary Disease and Dementia. Within a fixed limited income and nursing support once a week, the family and their Wellthy Coordinator are evaluating all resources available. Wellthy is supporting by finding a physician that accepts a primary insurance of Medicare and secondary of Medicaid, assisting with transferring her social security and disability direct deposits to a new bank account, arranging cleaning services once a week, and researching and providing options for assisted living facilities.
- Quote from Mom: "Oh my goodness, this is more than I could have asked for. Thank you so very much!!! May God bless you and your staff for all your help in finding care for my mom."